Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Future of TV Is Touch, Just Ask Your Toddler

Amber MacArthur Globe and Mail Posted on



An Ipad
http://felixhudson.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/ipad.jpg

 













I somewhat agree with those people who think that toddlers shouldn’t be using such new technology like the Ipad and Ipod Touch, but I have also opened my eyes to see what it would be like if they did. I don’t think it’s the child’s fault if it gets into their hands, they just happened to be born in this era of technology. I work part time at a daycare and I was shocked when one of the mothers said that her 2 year old daughter just send a text message from her phone. I thought that it couldn’t be possible, but I was way wrong. In this article, a “21 month old” boy managed to navigate his way around an Ipad, and even managed to buy an app. If children grow up with technology around them, then of course they will be used to it. I’m not saying that it’s a bad thing, but they would become so reliable on technology and machines doing things for them that they won’t know that to do if their things suddenly stop working. Yes, Ipads are good for young children to watch movies on while they take long car rides, but I would never buy my child an Ipad so they can use it daily. Ipads shot to the top of the list for children aged six, which is completely on the other end of the scale from last year when young kids wanted things like Barbie dolls and board games.




No comments:

Post a Comment